Tuesday 9 January 2018

Devotional Tea 20: Never Hesitate to Come

Scripture: 2 Chronicles 16:12 (NIV)

In the thirty-ninth year of his reign Asa was afflicted with a disease in his feet. Though his disease was severe, even in his illness he did not seek help from the Lord, but only from the physicians.

Meditation:
Some people think God does not like to be troubled with our constant coming and asking. The way to trouble God is not to come at all. (D. L. Moody)
It is never about us. It is always about Him (God). Never ever hesitate to come into his presence. In fact, the best time to come is when you feel least worthy of coming. His hands are ever-open wide to receive you. His heart is ever large enough to accommodate you. Don’t ever believe the old lie of the enemy, saying, “You are beyond redemption.” That is a lie straight out of the pit of hell. For as long as your heart seeks for home, “YOU CANNOT EVER BE BEYOND REDEMPTION.”

Come home today. Your Father is waiting and looking out for you. Come to the secret place. Come to the place of prayer. Come to the place of communion. Come to the place of life.

Further Reading: Luke 15:11-32; Hebrews 4:16, 10:19-25

Prayer: Lord, deliver me from me. Help me know you are the only reason I come, not because of who I am, but because of whose I am. May my confidence ever rest on all you have done for me, not what I have done for you. Help my heart never to lose its way home.

© 2016 Akin Akinbodunse


No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon

Adsense Footer

Adsense Code Link