Wednesday 10 January 2018

Devotional Tea 21: Leave Them at His Feet

Scripture: Philippians 4:6-7, NIV)

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Meditation:

"What is needed for happy effectual service is simply to put your work into the Lord's hand, and leave it there. Do not take it to Him in prayer, saying, "Lord, guide me, Lord, give me wisdom, Lord, arrange for me," and then arise from your knees, and take the burden all back, and try to guide and arrange for yourself. Leave it with the Lord, and remember that what you trust to Him you must not worry over nor feel anxious about. Trust and worry cannot go together." – Hannah Whitall Smith

Further Reading: Psalm 55:22; 1 Peter 5:6-7; Matthew 11:28-30

Prayer: Lord, teach me to trust. Help me come to the understanding, "I cannot carry the burden and load of my life all on my own." Teach and bring me to the place of rest that is only found in you.

Devotional Tea 20: Never Hesitate to Come
Devotional Tea 22: Unstoppable

No comments:

Post a Comment

Amazon

Adsense Footer

Adsense Code Link